The 1997 Federal re-authorization of IDEA (Individual's with Disabilities Education Act) requires school districts to conduct functional assessments and develop positive behavioral intervention plans for children with disabilities who exhibit challenging problem behaviors in school settings. Dr. Cipani has distilled the critical elements and knowledge base to conduct such assessments and plans. A Functional Analysis of Behavior (FAB) Model for School Settings: CD training package can help school staff acquire competence in the area of functional analysis assessments and positive behavioral intervention plans. This breakthrough product makes staff training in this critical area a reality- without breaking the school district budget. It is a unique, one of a kind, self-instructional learning package. A Functional Analysis of Behavior (FAB) Model for School Settings: CD training package contains 3 CD workshop presentations by Dr. Cipani, with a supplementary workbook on CD that makes following the presentations "a snap." Questions at the end of each section allow you and/or your staff to check understanding of the material. Your district has Dr. Cipani's permission to xerox as many copies as needed of the workbook for staff in-service training (making your staff training costs in this area basically fractions of usual costs). Further you will find that this material will be just as interesting to general and special education personnel alike. There is also an electronic copy of the book, A Functional Analysis of Behavior (FAB) Model for School Settings (Cipani, 1999) provided in this set of materials for an additional resource in this area.
School districts who cannot afford to send personnel to workshops, either due to the fiscal cost of sending multiple people, time constraints or trying to find substitute teachers can avail themselves of training in this area. If you have felt that you need more training in this area, but have been unable to procure it either due to logistics and/or cost, you must consider purchasing this product. This product puts everyone at your school site at the workshop!
The content follows the model Dr. Cipani explicated in his book. Workshop 1 covers an introduction to functional analysis and presents information on how to determine if a FAB is needed or simply a re-arrangement of classroom management strategies. Workshop 2 presents the seven category diagnostic system and behavioral assessment methods one can utilize to uncover the function of a problem behavior and determine its diagnostic category. The seven category system is presented below. Access adult attention
- Access peer attention
- Access tangible reinforcer
- Produce sensory reinforcer
- Escape/avoid instruction- task duration
- Escape/avoid instruction- task difficulty
- Escape/avoid unpleasant social situations
The last workshop matches treatment to diagnosis, making this system unparalleled in other works. You will learn how to determine the behavioral function of a problem behavior and then determine which positive behavioral intervention best suits that diagnosis. This system ties the two together like no other set of material! For example, you will learn how to implement the behavioral countdown interval program for a problem behavior maintained by access to desirable activities, or gradual abstinence training program for behaviors maintained by sensory reinforcers. All teachers need this information! Again you can only get this information by purchasing A Functional Analysis of Behavior (FAB) Model for School Settings: Workshop Series.
If you have any questions about the material and how it may fit your training needs, or wish additional writings and material in this area, please do not hesitate to call Dr. Cipani personally (Pacific time, 559/ 738-1313, phone and fax, please leave best time when he can reach you). WHY THIS PACKAGE?
- The cost of the material is less than the cost to send one person to a full day workshop, without needing to find a substitute teacher.
- Allows you to train many people to a level of competence, using a standard model.
- You can use it at your school site during in-service training for all educational faculty.
- Each audio taped workshop includes questions and answers to engage the audience. Further, it fits nicely into many schools in-service after school plans, which usually are no longer than one hour.
- The material is portable and user friendly.
- The accompanying book includes a report writing format making the task of writing out plans easier.
- Unlike attending a workshop, this material is available for your convenience and at a time that fits your schedule.
Here's how it works:
1. Purchase this CE Course (see below).
2. This product includes 3 audio CDs which requires shipping. Upon receipt, please listen to each CD and take the practice quiz online. Complete the online test and achieve 80% correct with no more than 3 attempts.
3. To get a certificate for Psychology credits earned, please email a copy of your course completion report to email@example.com. This certificate will be issued and emailed to you by Orlando Behavior Health Services, LLC.
4. To get a certificate for your BACB Type II CEUs Go to the "Finishing Up" module, complete a brief survey, and print your certificate for BACB units.
5. If you are managing your CEUs on the BACB web site, you will need our ACE Provider #: OP-02-0017.
For PCs running Windows VISTA, XP or Windows 7, use Internet Explorer v8, V9 or V11, Chrome, or Firefox. (Do NOT use AOL).
For PCs running Windows 8, use Internet Explorer V11, Chrome or Firefox (Do NOT use AOL)
For Macs, use Safari or Chrome. (Do NOT use Firefox, do NOT use AOL)
We have successfully tested the following browsers on various iDevices: Safari, Puffin and Atomic. If you have problems, we recommend trying a new browser.
Limited support provided on i-Devices & Android devices.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR Ennio Cipani is a full professor at the California School of Professional Psychology. Prior to his current position, he served a faculty role in the Department of Special Education at the University of the Pacific. He graduated from Florida State University with a Ph.D. in 1979 in educational Psychology. He has written many articles, chapters, and books on behavior management. He developed a behavioral diagnostic system for assessing, diagnosing, and treating severe behavior problems, The Cipani Behavioral Assessment and Diagnostic (C-BAD) System. He currently is a licensed psychologist in California, working with families who require behavioral consultation to manage their children.
You could visit Dr. Cipani's web site at: http://www.geocities.com/voivod00
BACB ACE Provider number: OP-02-0017
MANDATORY DISCLAIMER: The Behavior Analyst Certification Board®, Inc. does not sponsor, approve, or endorse Behavior Development Solutions, the material, information, or products described herein.
(Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves this product. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CEs will be accepted by the BACB.)
Psychology CEUs will be issued by Orlando Behavior Health Services, LLC and is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Orlando Behavior Health Services, LLC maintains responsibility for this program and its content.