This webinar is designed for behavior analysts, psychologists, and other clinicians who work with children and want to learn more about assessing and treating sleep problems in both typically developing children and children on the autism spectrum. In this webinar, we will start by conceptually analyzing sleep as behavior, and looking at the environmental factors that affect sleep. From there, we will identify common sleep problems in children and look at what typically causes them. Participants will also learn how to assess sleep problems, with a brief introduction to Dr. Hanley's Sleep Assessment and Treatment Tool (SATT; 2005), and discuss some common behavioral treatment strategies for sleep problems. By the end of the webinar, participants should be able to conceptualize sleep problems through the lens of the behavior analytic contingency, identify
common sleep problems in children, and identify and describe at least three behavioral sleep treatment strategies. Participants will also be provided with resources to further explore the assessment and treatment of sleep problems including the SATT and data-based research articles on the treatment of sleep problems. This webinar will be taught by Dr. Keira Moore, BCBA-D, LABA (MA), a 2015 graduate of the Western New England University Ph.D. program in Behavior Analysis.
Dr. Moore has been working with children in the field of behavior analysis for over 15 years. She currently runs Moore behavior Consulting, a behavior analytic consulting company, focused on the assessment and treatment of sleep problems (www.moorebehaviorconsulting.com).
-Participants will conceptually analyze sleep as behavior.
-Participants will identify at least 4 common sleep problems in children.
-Participants will identify at least 4 common causes of sleep problems in children.
-Participants will review the Sleep Assessment and Treatment Tool (SATT) and describe when
and how it is used.
-Participants will describe at least three behavioral strategies for treating sleep problems.
Jin, C. S., Hanley, G.P., & Beaulieu, L. (2013). An individualized and comprehensive approach to treating sleep problems in young children. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 46, 161-180
France, K. G., & Blampied, N. M. (2005).Modifications of systematic ignoring in the management of infant sleep disturbance: Efficacy and infant distress. Child & Family Behavior Therapy, 27, 1–16.
Friman, P. C., Hoff, K. E., Schnoes, C., Freeman, K. A., Woods, D.W., & Blum, N. (1999). The bedtime pass: An approach to bedtime crying and leaving the room. Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, 153, 1027–1029.
Piazza, C. C., & Fisher, W. W. (1991b). A faded bedtime with response cost protocol for treatment of multiple sleep problems in children. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 24, 129–140.
Mazzone, L., Postorino, V., Siracusano, M., Riccioni, A., & Curatolo, P. (2018). The Relationship between Sleep Problems, Neurobiological Alterations, Core Symptoms of Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Psychiatric Comorbidities. Journal of Clinical Medicine, 7, 102.
How it works:
- Purchase access via this product page. Select whichever day works best for you!
- Shortly before the webinar, you will receive an email from BDS with a special link. You must use this link to pre-register for the webinar. IF YOU DO NOT PRE-REGISTER, YOUR SIGN-IN TO THE EVENT MAY BE DELAYED AND YOU MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR CE CREDIT! Purchasing a seat is only the first step -- you must subsequently register, so please check your email and read any messages from BDS.
- PLEASE CAREFULLY READ ANY EMAILS FROM BDS AFTER PURCHASE IN THE DAYS LEADING UP TO THE EVENT IN ORDER TO REGISTER IN TIME! Please add to your contacts the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
- After purchase, approximately 1 to 3 weeks before the webinar, you will receive an email from Joel, Marisa, and/or GoToWebinar with the link you must use to actually register and attend the live webinar! NOTE: PURCHASING DOES NOT EQUAL REGISTERING. REGISTRATION WILL OCCUR AT SOME POINT AFTER PURCHASE.
- This is a LIVE Webinar! This means you must be able to attend during the exact day and time noted in this product description. PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THE TIMEZONE (EDT). (THESE WEBINARS WILL NOT BE MADE AVAILABLE AS RECORDINGS AFTERWARDS.)
- You will also need a reliable internet connection.
- To test your device for compatibility prior to the day of the event, please use this GoToWebinar test link: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/system-check-attendee
- Note: BDS does not provide technical support for GoToWebinar, which is a 3rd party software. It is your responsibility to ensure your device and connection are sufficient. Please use the link above to test your device and internet speed before the day of the event.
- Your attendance will be verified during the webinar via "poll" questions that will be asked at random intervals. If you do not respond to a sufficient number of these questions, you will not earn CE credit for attending; therefore, it is critical that you sign in to the webinar on-time AND remain present at your device during the entire webinar so that you can participate. (The "poll" questions are not "test" questions and therefore are not designed to assess your knowledge; their purpose is to confirm that you are physically attending and actively attentive to the event.)
- Once the webinar has ended and after your attendance has been confirmed by BDS staff, you will be given access to a survey module on our learning platform (you will receive an email with instructions on accessing the survey module). If you did not sign in on time, or if you logged off early, or if you did not respond to sufficient poll questions, you may not be invited to take the survey and earn CE credit due to failure to meet our attendance criterion.
- Once you complete the survey module, your CE certificate will automatically be generated by our online learning platform!
DISCOUNTED GROUP RATES ARE AVAILABLE:
Agencies or groups who purchase seats of 10 or more get 15% off per seat! Please contact email@example.com PRIOR TO PURCHASE for details!
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve or partner with the CE events, this organization, or instructors. (Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves these products. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CE credits will be accepted by the BACB.)
To manage your CE credits on the BACB web site, you will need our ACE Provider number: OP-02-0017.
BDS is an authorized Type II continuing education provider.
Notice for non BCBA/BCaBA attendees:
Although BDS can provide proof of attendance to those who meet our attendance criterion, BDS makes no claims and takes no position with regard to how said attendance verification is utilized, particularly with regard to other disciplines/certifications/licenses. If you use proof of attendance toward SLP CE credit (or any form of continuing education "credits," "hours," or similar), BDS will not be held responsible for any outcome you may encounter. It is your responsibility to ensure that webinars and workshops that you attend will be considered appropriate and qualifying for your respective disciplines unique continuing education (or analogous) standards.
Notice to all attendees:
Any requests for refunds is forfeited within 30 days of the date of the event. Requests for refunds will be individually reviewed by BDS staff. If granted, refunds will be adjusted in accordance with the level of access and instructional content (including handouts and webinar duration) enjoyed by the attendee.