Approved for 11 Type II Ethics BACB CE credits. The activity for this course involves reading the book Ethics for Behavior Analysts, 3rd Edition by Jon S. Bailey and Mary R. Burch and then answering 80 test items, distributed across 4 modules. The book, available on this web site, must be purchased separately and can be ordered here.
The authors first describe core ethical principles and then explain each guideline in detail, in easily comprehensible, everyday language. The text is richly illuminated by more than a hundred vivid case scenarios with questions which the authors pose, and later answer questions for readers. Useful appendices include the BACB Professional and Ethical Compliance Code, an index to them, practice scenarios, and suggested further reading. Apply the knowledge learned to choose the best solutions for real-world ethical cases submitted by practicing behavior analysts!
You must achieve at least 80% correct on each test module in order to be awarded Ethics CE credits. This course allows for three opportunities per module to meet criterion. If 80% correct is not achieved by the third attempt, another attempt cannot be made for 60 days. Please call us to extend the license after 60 days has lapsed (no additional charge).
If you have never purchased Bailey & Burch Ethics V1, V2, or Catch-Up, this is the recommended course (see below to purchase). If you have previously purchased Bailey & Burch Ethics V1, V2, or Catch-Up, do not purchase this course; instead the Ethics V3 Advanced course is recommended, available here. If you have previously purchased Baily & Burch Ethics V3 Advanced, do not buy this course.
Here's how it works:
- Purchase this CE activity (see above) and purchase or otherwise obtain the book, Ethics for Behavior Analysts, 3rd Edition.
- Read the book.
- Complete the online tests and achieve 80% correct with no more than 3 attempts per module.
- To get a certificate for your BACB Type II Ethics CE credits, go to the "Finishing Up" module, complete a brief survey, and print your certificate.
- To manage your CE credits on the BACB web site, please use our ACE Provider # OP-02-0017.
Course Module Outline:
- 00 Intro & Course Guide
- 01 Comprehensive Test (50 questions)
- 02 Advanced Test, Part 1 (10 questions)
- 03 Advanced Test, Part 2 (10 questions)
- 04 Advanced Test, Part 3 (10 questions)
- 05 Finishing Up & Survey
- Given scenarios drawn from the history of ABA, select the historically accurate option.
- Identify ethical principles of ABA.
- Identify the option that ensures/respects clients’ autonomy.
- Given questions about clinical scenarios, select the option that complies with the BACB’s Professional & Ethical Compliance Code.
- Correctly identify ethics-related terms, methods, & protocols of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Given questions about reinforcement and punishment, select the application that demonstrates comprehension of the BACB’s Professional & Ethical Compliance Code.
- Identify correct, appropriate, and ethical Supervision protocols.
- Identify when it is appropriate to contact the BACB.
- Given scenarios where the Behavior Analyst is interacting with the public, or with non-Behavior Analyst clinicians, choose the option which properly and ethically promotes the field.
- Select the option that demonstrates correct and ethical procedures when conducting research for publication.
- Identify risk factors and/or their consequences.
- Select best practices and considerations for newly-certified Behavior Analysts who are beginning their careers.
Recommended for BCBAs and BCaBAs.
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board®, Inc. does not sponsor, approve, or endorse the material, information, or products described herein.
(Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves this product. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CE credits will be accepted by the BACB.)
Program issues may occur due to the use of an incompatible browser.
For a list of compatible browsers and devices, and recommendations click here.