Developed in partnership with Drs. Jon Bailey and Mary Burch, this fluency-model course is approved for 9.5 Type II Supervision BACB CE credits and meets the BACB’s requirement for an 8-hour, competency-based training. This course is not designed for BCaBAs. Only BCBAs and BCBA-Ds can become supervisors. You can purchase this course even if you are already a supervisor. BCBAs who are already supervisors can decide to retake an 8-hour supervisory training, and the CE credits earned may be used towards their recertification. However, the supervisor would only gain CE credits for the current cycle, and re-taking an 8-hour supervisory training course will not have a greater impact on a supervisor's pre-existing ability to supervise.
The activity involves watching videos, reading the material in 58 online modules that are based on the BACB Supervisor Training Task list, and actively responding to a series of learning module questions. Pre- & Post-Tests and quizzes on the material are included.
To obtain a certificate for your 9.5 BACB Type II Supervision CE credits, after completing all other modules, go to the "Finishing Up" unit and complete the brief survey module. You will then be able to access your certificate via the "CE Certificates" menu item, located in the upper-right hand corner of the learning platform dashboard. To manage your CE credits on the BACB web site, please use our ACE Provider # OP-02-0017.
Work towards becoming a supervisor at your own pace and from the comfort of your home! Learning module intros contain comprehensive video presentations that cover each content area. All videos and learning module questions include content and graphics related to the live supervisory training course presentation, developed by Dr. Jon Bailey and Dr. Mary Burch. Throughout the course, the learner has the opportunity to review the material; hints and feedback are provided every step of the way.
The learning modules correspond with the sections of the BACB Supervisor Training Curriculum Outline and include:
1) The Purpose of Supervision
2) Important Features of Supervision
3) Behavioral Skills Training
4) Delivering Performance Feedback
5) Evaluating the Effects of Supervision
6) Ongoing Professional Development.
The BACB’s Supervisor Training Curriculum Outline & Task List can be accessed via this link: https://bacb.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/supervisor_curriculum.pdf
To become a supervisor, after completing the 8-hour training, candidates must also pass an online, competency-based training module on BACB experience standards, which is available through the BACB gateway. Additional details about the requirements for individuals pursuing and maintaining supervision can be found at the BACB’s website via this link: https://bacb.com/supervision-requirements/
Our favorite features:
- a personal study scheduler to help you complete the course on time
- immediate corrective feedback and rational for incorrect answers
- hints for each and every learning module question
- each section includes a review module
- Pre- & Post-Tests so you can evaluate your progress
- engaging videos explain and expand on each topic
- every acquisition question contains informative presentation slide content that feature graphics, samples, and scenarios
- Given questions about the purpose of supervision, select the options that comply with the BACB’s Supervisor Training Curriculum outline.
- Given questions about the important features of supervision, select the options that comply with the BACB’s Supervisor Training Curriculum outline.
- Given questions about Behavioral Skills Training (BST), select the options that correctly describe how BST should be used by supervisors.
- Given questions about delivering performance feedback, select the options that best describe how performance feedback should be delivered by supervisors.
- Given questions about evaluating the effects of supervision, select the options that best describe how supervision should be evaluated.
- Given questions about ongoing professional development, select the options that best describe appropriate ongoing professional development activities.
System Requirements: Program issues may occur due to the use of an incompatible browser. For a list of compatible browsers and devices and other recommendations, click here