Coaching Caregivers Through the Internet: Challenges and Solutions for Successful Telehealth Services - 1.5 CEUs - 3 Month Subscription
by Dorothea C. Lerman, Ph.D., BCBA-D, LBA Earn 1.5 BACB Learning CEUs! Suited for BCBAs & BCaBAs!
An increasing number of practitioners are using telehealth technologies to deliver caregiver-mediated services. However, remote services can introduce a number of challenges for the practitioner. This presentation will discuss common challenges associated with remote caregiver training and provide potential solutions to these problems This course entails watching a recorded webinar (which was originally held on June 12, 2020 at 11:30 am ET), completing a post-test quiz module to criterion, and completing a brief survey module.
Caregiver training is integral to effective behavioral intervention for individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities. However, a lack of adequate practitioners to provide this training, combined with other barriers to in-person services (e.g., the recent pandemic) limit the widespread dissemination of behavior-analytic intervention. To help fill this unmet need, an increasing number of practitioners are incorporating the use of telehealth technologies to deliver caregiver-mediated services in the home and at school. However, remote services can introduce a number of challenges for the practitioner. This presentation will describe current research and practice on behavior-analytic telehealth services, outline essential steps when starting telehealth services, discuss common challenges associated with remote caregiver training, and provide potential solutions to these problems.
Here's how it works:
- Purchase this course (see above).
- Watch the recorded webinar (module 1).
- Complete the Post-Test (module 2).
- Complete the survey (module 3).
- Once all modules have been completed to criterion you can print your certificate for BACB Learning CEUs.
- To manage your CEUs on the BACB web site, please use our ACE Provider # 0P-02-0017.
- Overview of relevant research
- Essential steps when initiating telehealth services
- Common challenges and potential solutions
- Summary and conclusions
- Participants will be able to state five evidence-based areas for providing ABA services via telehealth.
- Participants will be able to describe six essential steps when initiating telehealth services
- Participants will be able to describe at least five common challenges when providing telehealth ABA services and at least two potential solutions for each.
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve or partner with the CE events, this organization, or instructors.
(Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves these products. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved Learning CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CEUs will be accepted by the BACB.)