Sorry - this product is not available
Conducting School-Based Functional Behavioral Assessments, 3rd Edition
A Practitioner's Guide
By Mark W. Steege, T. Steuart Watson, Jamie L. Pratt, Garry Wickard, and Richard Guare
Guilford Press / 2019
Paperback / 298 pages
Clearance books are non-returnable.
Only ONE left
Old price: $40.00
Widely recognized as a gold-standard resource, this authoritative book has been revised and expanded with 50% new material. It provides a complete introduction to functional behavioral assessment (FBA), complete with procedures, forms, and tools that have been piloted and refined in both general and special education settings. Numerous vivid examples illustrate how to use the authors' behavior-analytic problem-solving model (BAPS) to synthesize assessment results and guide the design of individually tailored interventions. Practitioners and students enjoy the engaging, conversational tone. In a large-size format with lay-flat binding for easy photocopying, the book includes 17 reproducible checklists and forms. Purchasers get access to a companion Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials.
New to This Edition
- Revised BAPS model reflects the latest research and offers a more comprehensive approach to FBA.
- Chapters on professional and ethical standards; analyzing how biological/medical conditions, thoughts, and emotions influence behavior; and analyzing how executive skills deficits influence behavior.
- Chapters on testing hypotheses about the functions of problem behavior; testing reinforcer effectiveness; and evaluating function-based interventions.
- Chapter providing applied learning experiences for professionals and students.
- Most of the reproducible tools are new or revised.