News and recent career opportunities as advertised in our monthly announcement e-mail.
Ask Cipani! is a new periodic column that addresses a submitted case presentation from a member of the reading audience who wants some suggestions/advice on identifying the function of a particular challenging behavior(s). Two to three written
|paragraphs of case information (leaving out identifying information and only providing the initials of the submitter) are provided, with Dr. Ennio Cipani's response appearing below. The response addresses the presenting case in terms of possible motivative conditions (EO) and subsequent environmental functions to consider, and possible tests/validation strategies to conduct to verify the putative function. The current case submission is titled, Elopement in School Settings: Mom Says, "Don't Restrain!"
Click here for Part 2 to read the submitted case and Dr. Ennio Cipani's initial response!
and then submit your case to: email@example.com
Conducting the VB-MAPP Assessment
Self Paced, start any time course. Accessible 24x7, Re-use over and over Even after completion!
Taught by Liz Maher, M.Ed, BCBA
5 Type 2 BACB CEUs - $99.00
5 - 8 hours to complete the course, NO TIME LIMIT, NO EXPIRATION
Interactive and multimedia rich with video examples
Includes free, permanent VB-MAPP App license
Our "Conducting the VB-MAPP Assessment" self paced online course includes the following modules:
- Introduction to the Course
- What is ABA and how does it relate to language?
- What is the VB-MAPP?
- The VB-MAPP Milestones Assessment
- The Early Echoic Skills Assessment
- The Task Analysis and supporting skills list
- The Barriers Assessment
- The Transition Assessment
- Interpreting the results
This online course is audio and video rich and also taught by Liz Maher, MEd, BCBA. Hands on exercises provide the necessary experience participants need to feel confident when conducting the VB-MAPP Assessment. This VB-MAPP web based training is offered for $99.00 per participant and includes no expiration date! Available 24x7!
The audience for this training is BCBAs, BCaBAs, licensed psychologists, and educators working in ABA settings with students with Autism. Because the training reviews Skinner's analysis of verbal behavior as well as the elementary verbal operants, students and parents are also welcome.
Feel free to forward this along to all your colleagues!
Steve Maher - VB-MAPP App
www.vbmappapp.com - 570-332-2285
Centra Health is hiring Board Certified Behavior Analysts across the state of Virginia to work in our comprehensive Autism Services department, where we offer school, in-home, and clinic programming. Our BCBAs oversee and drive ABA treatment development in unique and collaborative settings. Centra Health offers a vast network of internal collaboration opportunities with other BCBAs, Psychiatrists, Developmental Pediatricians, Psychologists, Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Teachers, and other related professionals. If you want to join a highly collaborative, data-driven, and effective team, Centra Health is the right place for you!
Centra Health is also proud to offer salaried positions with competitive rates, full health benefits, retirement plan options, generous paid time off, travel reimbursement, continuing education benefits, relocation assistance, and a unique Loan Forgiveness program of up to $35,000.
Virginia is for lovers and BCBAs! Please send resume and letter of interest to Crystal Collette, M.S., BCBA, LBA, Director of Autism Services Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Behavior Services is hiring a Board Certified Behavior Analyst! To learn more about KBS, you can visit our website at www.keyaba.com
.We are looking for a full-time BCBA to join our staff in DAYTON, OHIO.
In addition to providing services through insurance and the Ohio Autism Scholarship, we also provide services to school districts throughout Dayton and Cincinnati, including FBA's, IEE's, and on-going consultation. Candidates will have very flexible hours, and will be able to schedule hours when convenient, as long as those hours meet the needs of the schools and families you work with.
Ideal candidates will have the following credentials, experiences and traits
- Self-starter, and has good time management skills
- Experience providing feedback to RBT's, teachers, and other professionals
- Has experience working collaboratively in schools
- Experience working with children and teens with ASD
- Clean background check
- Is a Certified Ohio Behavior Analyst (COBA)
The salary range is $50,000- 68,000 and is contingent upon candidates' experience and training.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
Education Specialist - Emotional Disturbance
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Master's degree in education with an emphasis on emotional/behavioral disorders OR a bachelor's degree and suitable experience.
- Minimum three years recent experience working with students who experience emotional disturbance and their families.
- Implementation of knowledge and best practice in the education of students with emotional disorders.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to travel independently in rural/remote Alaska throughout the school year.
- Experience with distance education technologies, digital learning, and e-module creation.
- Requirements met for Alaska State Department of Education Special Education Type A Certificate or a Special Services Type C Certificate. (Visit http://www.eed.state.ak.us/TeacherCertification/app02.html for information of certification.)
- Demonstrated experience in training professionals, paraprofessionals, and community members.
- Interagency networking and collaboration.
- Familiarity and experience with conducting/facilitating functional behavioral assessment and positive behavioral support programs.
- Provide consultative services to district staff, students, and parents to include:
- Individualized educational recommendations through onsite and distance delivery for students age three through 21.
- Assessing identified students and interpreting results orally and in written form.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of student IEP/instructional programs.
- Evaluating student progress on an ongoing basis and recommending intervention strategies.
- Demonstrating/teaching specialized strategies and/or providing topical in-services and workshops to local school personnel, parents, students, peers, and community.
- Assisting districts in procuring/adapting specialized instructional materials.
- Facilitating interagency collaboration.
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Patrick Pillai, Executive Director
Special Education Service Agency
3501 Denali Street, Suite 101, Anchorage, AK 99503
Phone: (907) 334-1300 Fax: (907) 562-0545 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our agency, the state of Alaska, or to download our application, visit our website at www.sesa.org
. SESA is an equal opportunity employer.
Looking for Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs)
to work with children, adolescents, and adults being served in homes, schools, day programs, and residential group-home settings.
We have opportunities in the following areas: Illinois
- We are hiring BCBAs and Level 2 Behavior Therapists for the North & South Side of Chicago, Rockford, Fox River Valley (St. Charles), South Holland, Park Forest, and Watseka. Wisconsin
- We are hiring BCBA's and Behavior Treatment Therapists in the Milwaukee area, Waukesha County, Madison Area (Dane & Rock County), Janesville, and Beloit. Iowa
- We are hiring BCBA's in Eastern Iowa (Dubuque, Clinton, and Quad Cities).
These professionals will be responsible for conducting functional behavior assessments, developing behavior plans, and ensuring the effective implementation of all treatment and programming for clients on their caseload as described by the fundamental responsibilities as listed below.
- Adhere to professional and legal requirements and principles as well as demonstrating sound professional judgment.
- Collaborate with family, caregivers, and all service providers as necessary to ensure continuity of care.
- Perform direct and indirect assessments to identify the function of the client's behavior.
- Develop a behavior support plan based on functions of behavior and treatment methodologies that are evidence based and reflects the most recent research findings.
- Attend all relevant meetings for clients, including Behavior Management Committee (BMC), Human Rights Committee (HRC) and staffing and works effectively as part of a clinical team.
- Collect data before and during the implementation of the plan so that the plan's efficacy can be assessed, and data-based decisions can be made.
- Provide direct instruction / ongoing supervision, training, and support to clients, staff members, and family members during regularly scheduled home and community-based visits.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the implemented behavioral intervention plan and modifiy plan as necessary.
We offer competitive salaries based on experience, and our benefits package includes medical, vision and dental, life insurance, short-term disability, and 401k.
Please contact email@example.com
for more information!
New and Featured Products
The key to helping your ASD child may be right in your pocket! Video modeling is an effective method of teaching that uses recorded videos and technology. $9.95
The PPLAC is designed as a criterion-referenced tool to assess play skills and language acquisition of children ages
2-7 and provide a behaviorally-based curriculum to establish or expand a child's pretend play repertoire. $75.00
This book responds to a critical need for highly qualified personnel who will become exemplary professionals because of their advanced knowledge, skills, and experiences in working with students and adults that have varying disabilities,
including Autism Spectrum
Disorders (ASD). $52.00
Special education in the United State is based on the concept of access-public schools are open to all children. But access is no longer a sufficient foundation. Approaches and accommodations that lead to academic success are increasingly demanded for those with learning disabilities. $25.00
This curriculum is filled with evidence-based strategies that provide a solid foundation, and fill a gap in ABA technicians. The content includes critical supervision knowledge and skills coinciding with the Behavior Analysis Certification Board (BACB©) task list for effective supervision. $359.00
AFLS - The Assessment of Functional Living Skills has the ease, look, and familiarity of the ABLLS-R extended to necessary skills of independence in Home, School, and Community Settings. Assessment protocols include Basic Living Skills, Home Skills and Community Participation Skills, School
Skills, Independent Living Skills and Vocational Skills. From $39.99
|The Peak Relational Training System uses the best practices of Applied Behavior Analysis to guide the novice or skilled therapist through all the necessary steps towards effective treatment for persons with autism and related disorders. PEAK stands apart from all other treatment guides and protocols in a variety of ways. First, it contains a reliable and valid assessment for determining what skills are present and deficit in a learner's repertoire. Second, it contains clear directions for how to collect, summarize, and report data for caregivers. Finally, PEAK contains 184 Goals/Objectives that can be immediately used for integration into IEPs and other clinical protocols.
*BDS plans to attend