News and recent career opportunities as advertised in our monthly announcement e-mail.
NET NEUTRALITY AND POSSIBLE IMPACT ON BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS
Net neutrality prevents internet service providers (ISPs) from inhibiting, blocking, or slowing your access to websites. On November 22nd, the FCC unveiled their plans to repeal this protection and with a vote scheduled for December 14th, 2017, the FCC intends to scrap the Title II open internet access rules. This is a game changer for consumers and could impact the work of behavior analysts. It is conceivable that at some point your ISP might restrict access to behavior analytic websites just because they are philosophically opposed to it. Websites that require a lot of band width to conduct webinars, to stream video, or are highly interactive may be disadvantaged. Most service providers, universities, and commercial sites fall into at least one of these categories. (BDS falls into the latter two categories.)
WE HAVE UNTIL DECEMBER 14TH TO SAVE NET NEUTRALITY
If you believe that ISPs should not filter, censor, restrict, discriminate against, or otherwise control our access to the World Wide Web, here's how to get involved:
- Visit www.fcc.gov and leave a comment on Docket 17-108 to say that you support net neutrality!
- Contact Congress. Tell your representative to speak and act in favor of net neutrality.
Spread the word. Let your friends know that a free and open internet is on the line!
- Attend the net neutrality rally at the FCC headquarters in Washington, D.C. on Dec. 14th 9am-11am EST.
For more information you can read about the FCC's plans to end net neutrality here: www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-rosenworcel-fcc-net-neutrality-repeal-20171122-story.html
Here are some ways to look up and contact your representatives:
TEXANA CENTER BCBA & BCaBA Postions Available
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE!
Location: Houston Metro Area
- Houston tops "Best Cities" lists in every category: tourism, jobs, arts, food, museums, and more!
- Third lowest overall cost of living among the nation's 20 most populous metropolitan areas, largely due to affordable housing costs
- Most diverse city in the USA - boasts an astounding over 100 different cuisines, and is known as a foodie paradise
- Professional football, baseball, basketball, men's and women's soccer; and many semi-pro, minor league, and college teams
- Fantastic fine arts and culture including the designated theater and museum districts, symphony, ballet, and more
- World's largest annual rodeo
- In addition to all the city has to offer, within an hour or two in any direction, you will find relaxing lakes, wildlife refuges, national forests such as Big Thicket National Preserve, Texas Hill Country, and the Gulf of Mexico
Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA)
A variety of BCBA and BCaBA positions are available. Positions include comprehensive center-based treatment for children, focused clinic work, and in-home behavior stabilization. Clients served have a diagnosis of autism or an intellectual and developmental disability and range in age from the age of diagnosis and up. Services are based on individual client need, and may include assessment of language, self-care, social skills, academics, behavior function, etc.; development, implementation, evaluation, and monitoring of behavior intervention plans; development and updating of treatment objectives; consultation to schools and families; and staff/family training. Positions require extensive hands-on behavior intervention directly with clients, parents, and staff. Clients present challenges including lack of skill acquisition, physical aggression and self-injurious behaviors. Schedule: primarily Mon - Fri, 8 am -5 pm with some weekends and evenings scheduled in advance.
Locations: Sugar Land, Rosenberg, Fulshear, & Houston, TX; travel within region is required on an occasional basis.
- Behavior Analyst requires Masters in behavior analysis or related field. Preferred candidate is a BCBA but all candidates must have completed all coursework and supervision such that they obtain certification within 3 months of hire.
- Assistant Behavior Analyst requires a Bachelors degree and BCaBA.
- Behavior Analyst under supervision eligible for certification exam $60,000
- BCBA - $65,000-$73,000 annually; depending on experience
- BCaBA - $43,200-$50,000 annually; depending on experience
Low cost health insurance for wellness program participation; generous paid time off; reimbursement for certification renewal; collaboration with Texana's 30 certified Behavior Analysts; Peer Review & Human Rights Committees; paid reimbursement for travel to state and national conferences; free opportunities for ACE provider continuing education. Texana is a great company for Behavior Analysts https://www.texanacenter.com/
HRIC - BCBA Positions are Available
HRIC specializes in placing Board Certified Behavior Analysts in full time permanent positions in locations throughout the United States. Current opportunities are available in multiple areas.
BCBA positions working with children in clinical, school, or residential settings are currently available in Texas, Colorado, Michigan, Maryland, Massachusetts, Kentucky, Indiana, Hawaii, and Upstate New York.
BCBA positions working with children in home-based programs are available in North Carolina, Washington DC area, Maine, Delaware, Missouri, Texas, Florida, Louisiana, California.
BCBA positions working with adults are available in Colorado and Georgia.
Clinical Director or BCBA-D positions are available in North Carolina, Washington DC area, and Colorado.
This is a partial list and opportunities may be available in your area as well.
I offer personalized service in finding a new position and my service is free to candidates. Career opportunities change often and current openings are posted at www.hricolorado.com.
When you are ready to begin your career or if you are interested in comparing your current BCBA position with another opportunity, contact me, Barbara Voss, owner of HRIC, 719-485-4900 or email@example.com.
Conducting the VB-MAPP Assessment
Self Paced, start any time course. Accessible 24x7, Re-use over and over
Even after completion!
Taught by Liz Maher, M.Ed, BCBA
5 Type 2 BACB CEUs - $99.00
5 - 8 hours to complete the course, NO TIME LIMIT, NO EXPIRATION
Interactive and multimedia rich with video examples
Includes free, permanent VB-MAPP App license
Our "Conducting the VB-MAPP Assessment" self paced online course includes the following modules:
- Introduction to the Course
- What is ABA and how does it relate to language?
- What is the VB-MAPP?
- The VB-MAPP Milestones Assessment
- The Early Echoic Skills Assessment
- The Task Analysis and supporting skills list
- The Barriers Assessment
- The Transition Assessment
- Interpreting the results
This online course is audio and video rich and also taught by Liz Maher, MEd, BCBA. Hands on exercises provide the necessary experience participants need to feel confident when conducting the VB-MAPP Assessment. This VB-MAPP web based training is offered for $99.00 per participant and includes no expiration date! Available 24x7!
The audience for this training is BCBAs, BCaBAs, licensed psychologists, and educators working in ABA settings with students with Autism. Because the training reviews Skinner's analysis of verbal behavior as well as the elementary verbal operants, students and parents are also welcome.
Feel free to forward this along to all your colleagues!
Immediate Hire of BCBAs!
Attentive Behavior Care (ABC) is a Behavioral Health Center of Excellence comprised of behavior technicians, BCBAs, and a strong administrative team who work together to provide ABA services for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders. We specialize in providing intensive, individualized, treatment rooted in the principles of ABA in order to meet our patients' needs. Our treatment plans focus on increasing skills that will lead to increased opportunities, involvement, and independence while simultaneously decreasing problem behavior and other barriers to learning.
Proudly servicing the New York, New Jersey and Maryland areas!
- Excellent competitive hourly rates, commensurate with experience & education
- Training and professional development opportunities including free webinars with world renowned experts
- Professional liability insurance for assigned cases
- Access to company materials & stipends for program materials
- Free access to our on demand training library with opportunity to earn up to 50 CEUs including content in ethics and supervision
- Promotional and bonus opportunities
- Opportunities to network with other experienced BCBAs on the ABC team
- Virtual clinic electronic data collection system to allow for light paperwork & Samsung tablet for business use
- Flexible schedules
- Positive, supportive work environment
- Referral bonus opportunities for every provider you recommend
- Possess and maintain Board Certified Behavior Analyst credentialing
- Must be a Maryland Licensed Behavior Analyst if practicing in MD
- Must be a New York Licensed Behavior Analyst if practicing in NY
- Master's Degree in related field (e.g. ABA, Special Education, Psychology)
- Experience providing direct care to individuals with Autism
- Bilingual a plus!**
To apply or hear more, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Women In Behavior Analysis Conference
The Women in Behavior Analysis (WIBA) Conference is scheduled for March 22-24, 2018, at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee. WIBA will be a three-day event, including a day of workshops, highlighting prominent women in the field of behavior analysis while also addressing the importance of gender equality within the field. Presentations will cover recent trends in the field of behavior analysis, the importance of mentorship, organizational behavior management and much more.
This conference includes presentations by Bridget Taylor, Psy.D., BCBA-D (opening keynote), Janet Twyman, Ph.D., BCBA, NYSLBA (closing keynote), Sigrid Glenn, Ph.D. and Edward Morris, Ph.D. Attendees will also get to partake in the vibrant nightlife, restaurant and music scene that Nashville has to offer!
For registration information, visit: https://thebaca.com/wiba-registration
(Early bird registration prices end Jan. 1st, 2018!) To view the WIBA 2018 schedule, visit: https://thebaca.com/wibaschedule/
*BDS plans to attend
Have an open job position or news that affects behavior analysis?
Reach over 32,000 behavior analysts and professionals in one email blast!
The advertisement will also be posted in our online store until the next announcement is released.
Our rate is only $175 for the first position, $25 for your organization's logo (optional), and $75 per additional job posting within the same block.
Organizations may purchase directly in our store. Click here!
If you have questions, please contact: Alex Beaupre
866-823-4283 (Toll Free)
(all ads subject to approval)