It is not enough to say the function of a problem behavior is “escape”; escape from what? Further, task demands are not the only aversive EO endemic in social environments, even in school settings. In life, there are a diverse set of antecedent conditions that can act as aversive EOs, and Ennio Cipani's classification system attempts to expound on such. Additionally, many forms of problem behavior involve directly terminating an aversive condition (by leaving unauthorized). Running out of a classroom or training session is not always a socially mediated behavior (in terms of actual function).
Overview: This webinar will cover the 13 unique function-based categories comprising the Cipani Behavioral Classification System. The webinar will begin by introducing the four major functions (socially mediated versus direct contingencies of positive and negative reinforcement).
Ennio Cipani's classification system will examine sub-categories (specific functions) within each of the four major categories/functions of behavior. Each function will be delineated by its specific antecedent motivative and abolishing condition. I (E.C.) believe that many BCBAs will find this comprehensive function-based system invaluable, across many diverse child clinical populations. Expand your theoretical understanding
of phenomenon that may not yet have been studied in an experimental analysis.
This webinar will also cover the functional treatment for access and escape functions that involve developing time delays for access (to something) and escape (from something). BCBA’s are familiar with strategies for teaching an individual to mand a specific phrase, word, or action as the “replacement” behavior; but is immediate access or escape always viable? Are your clients being taught how to handle appropriately the word “wait?” This last section involves the following: learning to “wait” and/or “tolerate.”
Unsolicited remarks from previous webinar
"After attending your webinar today, I have to begin by saying, you are brilliant and inspirational. I have read several of your articles and posts through NASP, and when I saw that you would be presenting today I was motivated to sign up."
Dr, Caitlin Reilly Lostan, BCBA, NCSP
Objectives (with regard to the Cipani Behavioral Classification System)
- Participants will be able to identify the four major behavioral function categories of problem behavior (DA, SMA, DE, SME)
- Participants will be able to identify the sub-categories for each of the four major categories
- Participants will be able to identify the factors involved in deciding the function and diagnostic category of problem behavior (i.e., establishing operation and maintaining contingency for each function)
- Participants will be able to delineate the procedures for delay of gratification training for access functions
- Participants will be able to delineate the procedures for tolerance training for escape functions
How it works:
- Purchase access via this product page. Select whichever day works best for you!
- Shortly before the webinar, you will receive an email from BDS with a special link. You must use this link to pre-register for the webinar. IF YOU DO NOT PRE-REGISTER, YOUR SIGN-IN TO THE EVENT MAY BE DELAYED AND YOU MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR CE CREDIT! Purchasing a seat is only the first step -- you must subsequently register, so please check your email and read any messages from BDS.
- PLEASE CAREFULLY READ ANY EMAILS FROM BDS AFTER PURCHASE IN THE DAYS LEADING UP TO THE EVENT IN ORDER TO REGISTER IN TIME! Please add to your contacts the following emails: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- After registering, approximately 1 to 3 weeks before the webinar, you will receive an email from Joel, Marisa, and/or GoToWebinar with the link you must use to actually attend the live webinar! NOTE: PURCHASING DOES NOT EQUAL REGISTERING. REGISTRATION WILL OCCUR AT SOME POINT AFTER PURCHASE.
- This is a LIVE Webinar! This means you must be able to attend during the exact day and time noted in this product description. PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THE TIMEZONE (EDT). (THESE WEBINARS WILL NOT BE MADE AVAILABLE AS RECORDINGS AFTERWARDS.)
- You will also need a reliable internet connection.
- To test your device for compatibilty prior to the day of the event, please use this GoToWebinar test link: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/system-check-attendee
- Note: BDS does not provide technical support for GoToWebinar, which is a 3rd party software. It is your responsibility to ensure your device and connection are sufficient. Please use the link above to test your device and internet speed before the day of the event.
- Your attendence will be verified during the webinar via "poll" questions that will be asked at random intervals. If you do not respond to a sufficient number of these questions, you will not earn CE credit for attending; therefore, it is critical that you sign in to the webinar on-time AND remain present at your device during the entire webinar so that you can participate. (The "poll" questions are not "test" questions and therefore are not designed to assess your knowledge; their purpose is to confirm that you are physically attending and actively attentive to the event.)
- Once the webinar has ended and after your attendance has been confirmed by BDS staff, you will be given access to a survey module on our learning platform (you will receive an email with instructions on accessing the survey module). If you did not sign in on time, or if you logged off early, or if you did not respond to sufficient poll questions, you may not be invited to take the survey and earn CE credit due to failure to meet our attendence criterion.
- Once you complete the survey module, your CE certificate will automatically be generated by our online learning platform!
DISCOUNTED GROUP RATES ARE AVAILABLE:
Agencies or groups who purchase seats of 10 or more get 15% off per seat! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR TO PURCHASE for details!
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve or partner with the CE events, this organization, or instructors. (Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves these products. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CE credits will be accepted by the BACB.)
To manage your CE credits on the BACB web site, you will need our ACE Provider number: OP-02-0017.
BDS is an authorized Type II continuing education provider.
Notice for non BCBA/BCaBA attendees:
Although BDS can provide proof of attendance to those who meet our attendance criterion, BDS makes no claims and takes no position with regard to how said attendance verification is utilized, particularly with regard to other disciplines/certifications/licenses. If you use proof of attendance toward SLP CE credit (or any form of continuing education "credits," "hours," or similar), BDS will not be held responsible for any outcome you may encounter. It is your responsibility to ensure that webinars and workshops that you attend will be considered appropriate and qualifying for your respective disciplines unique continuing education (or analogous) standards.
Notice to all attendees:
Any requests for refunds is forfeited within 30 days of the date of the event. Requests for refunds will be individually reviewed by BDS staff. If granted, refunds will be adjusted in accordance with the level of access and instructional content (including handouts and webinar duration) enjoyed by the attendee.