Sorry - this product is not available
FREE! Live Webinar Oct. 4th, 12pm to 1pm EST: Recognizing Misophonia
by Thomas Dozier, MS, BCBA, BAMC:BCCBT
Awards 1 Type II BACB CE Credit with purchase!
This FREE live webinar will help you understand the distinct characteristics of misophonia so that you can recognize it in your clients. Although research on misophonia is limited, several research studies indicate misophonia is a learned respondent behavior condition. Misophonia is a unique sensory response condition, but because it is mostly unknown, it may be mistaken for general sensory sensitivity, anxiety, or compulsive behavior. It may also be incorrectly viewed as operant behavior such as escape from demands, attention seeking, or other aggressive or disruptive behavior. This FREE LIVE webinar will be held on October 4th from 12pm to 1pm, Eastern Time.
THIS WEBINAR IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT OR REGISTER FOR THIS WEBINAR UNLESS YOU ATTENDED AND RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM BDS INDICATING THAT YOUR ATTENDANCE WAS VERIFIED! IF VERIFIED, YOU QUALIFY TO PURCHASE THE CE CREDIT FOR THIS COURSE. THANK YOU!
This FREE 1-hour live webinar will be held on October 4th from 12pm to 1pm Eastern Time. Your CE certificate will be generated upon comletion of the webinar, pending your attendance is verified and you complete a brief survey module. Please note that in order to earn a CE certificate you must purchase this product. The webinar is FREE to attend, but the CE credit requires purchase.
How it works:
- You may attend this webinar for free!
- If you would like to register for the free webinar, simply add the "Webinar Only" product to your shopping cart and complete the checkout process. You will not be charged for the "Webinar Only" product.
- One hour prior to the start of the webinar, BDS will email you a special link that you must use to join the live webinar event.
- To earn the optional CE credit, purchase access via this product page. You may do so prior to or within 7 days after the CE event. Add the "Webinar and CE Credits" product to your cart and complete the checkout process.
- The link you must use to join the webinar will be emailed to you approximately one hour before the event.
- This is a LIVE Webinar! This means you must be able to attend during the day and time noted in this product description. You will also need a reliable internet connection.
- To test your device for compatibilty, please use this GoToWebinar test link: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/system-check-attendee to test your system for compatibilty.
- Your attendence will be verified during the webinar via questions that will be asked at random intervals. If you do not respond to a sufficient number of questions, you will not earn CE credit for attending (this only applies to attendants who purchase the CE credit component of this course). (The questions asked during the live webinar are not "test" questions and are not designed to assess your knowledge; their purpose is to confirm that you are physically attending the event.)
- Once the webinar has ended and your attendance has been confirmed you will be able to access to a survey module on our learning platform (this only applies to attandants who purchase the CE credit component of this event). Once you complete the survey module, your CE certificate will automatically be generated!
Misophonia is a condition where a person has an extreme emotional response (anger/anxiety/disgust), covert behavior (distress response), and overt behavior elicited or occasioned by an innocuous stimulus such as the sound of someone chewing or breathing. Misophonia is very common, affecting over 10% of adults. Median age of onset is about 10 yrs. Once misophonia develops, it usually persists for life. Misophonia is not included in diagnostic criteria of DSM-5 or ICD-10
Misophonia is a unique sensory response condition, but because it is mostly unknown, it may be mistaken for general sensory sensitivity, anxiety, or compulsive behavior. It may also be incorrectly viewed as operant behavior such as escape from demands, attention seeking, or other aggressive or disruptive behavior.
This webinar will help you understand the distinct characteristics of misophonia so that you can recognize it in your clients. Although research on misophonia is limited, several research studies indicate misophonia is a learned respondent behavior condition.
Learning Objectives | Participants will be able to:
- Identify at least three common misophonic trigger stimuli
- Identify two overt behavioral responses of a person with misophonia
About the Instructor: Thomas Dozier, MS, is a BCBA and works as a behavioral parenting coach and parenting skills trainer (and misophonia treatment provider). In 2012 a mother introduced him to misophonia, saying it was a hearing disorder with no cure that would ruin her daughter’s life. But the girl had auditory, visual, and olfactory trigger stimuli that produce the same response. This could not be a hearing disorder; it was more likely a respondent behavior disorder. Tom has researched misophonia since then. He is the author of 5 peer review journal articles, with 2 more in review. He is also the author of the book Understanding and Overcoming Misophonia, A Conditioned Aversive Reflex Disorder. In 2016 Tom founded the nonprofit Misophonia Institute to promote awareness, research, and development of treatments for misophonia. https://misophoniatreatment.com/about-tom-and-m-t-i/
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve or partner with the CE events, this organization, or instructors. (Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves these products. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CE credits will be accepted by the BACB.)
Select the desired product below. You may register for the free webinar only, or you may purchase the webinar and CE credit option. Read "How it Works" above for more details.