1. The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) base their exams on Task Lists. The most current CBA Learning Module Series is version 8 and it is based on the 4th edition Task List. The previous CBA 7.1 version was based on the 3rd edition Task List. Download the current task list at the BACB site: http://bacb.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/160101-BCBA-BCaBA-task-list-fourth-edition-english.pdf
2. The BACB has been testing on the 4th edition Task List since February, 2015. Customers should be using the CBA version 8. If you currently have an active license for version 7.1, please contact customer service to arrange a transfer to version 8.
3. Tests administered by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board are based on the 4th edition Task List, which outlines the skills needed to pass the exam. Version 8 of the CBA Learning Module Series is based on the 4th edition Task List which can be downloaded at http://bacb.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/160101-BCBA-BCaBA-task-list-fourth-edition-english.pdf
4. Yes. Go to fluency.behaviordevelopmentsolutions.com and click on the "Try Now" button. This will give you free access to 12 of the 380 modules in the CBA Learning Module Series, as well as, a Strategies for Success module, and the Pre- and Post Test for Unit A - Measurement.
5. The data from our survey conducted in February, 2015 show a 97.7% pass rate for first time BCBA exam takers (42 pass; 1 fail). For this exam cycle, February 2015, the BACB reported a 61.1% pass rate for first time exam takers (http://bacb.com/bcba-results/). Moreover, the overall pass rate reported by the BACB includes everyone who took the BCBA exam; so it necessarily includes those who used the CBA Learning Module Series. If there were a way of separating out these users, the overall pass rate would be lower. It should be emphasized that these survey results are valid only for first time exam takers who completed all acquisition and fluency modules to 100%.
6. No. Practice tests are designed primarily to evaluate. The CBA Learning Module Series is designed to teach. You actually learn new material. The Series is based on a precision teaching model--an empirically validated behavioral methodology. The focus is on a low error rate and developing fluent responding (accurate and fast). It is similar to an electronic version of flashcards, but with many advantages (e.g., hints, immediate feedback, timed exercises, review of missed items, automatic score calculation, progress log, etc.).
7. No. A variety of strategies are used to teach concepts. Some of these strategies are randomizing question order, randomizing the position of the options, making incorrect options almost correct, sampling the universe of dimensions that define a concept, etc.
8. Yes. Hints that accompany items provide relevant references from popular behavior analysis texts. Many of the references are from the texts Applied Behavior Analysis, 2nd Edition (Cooper, Heron, & Heward, 2007) and Behavior Analysis for Lasting Change, 3rd edition (Mayer, Sulzar-Azaroff, & Wallace, 2015).
9. Most people buy online with a credit card (American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover). However, we also accept phone orders (toll free 866-8behave [866-823-4283] from 9 AM to 11 PM eastern time), and checks and purchase orders mailed to 319 White Ave, Middlebury CT 06762. We also accept purchase orders by fax (475-235-3169).
10. Immediately after purchase, you could begin using the CBA Learning Module Series. You will login at fluency.behaviordevelopmentsolutions.com with the username and password you created on our store web site.
11. Yes. We are available to take your calls and e-mails 7 days a week from 9 AM until 11 PM eastern time, excluding holidays. Please call toll free at 866-8behave (866-823-4283) or (203)-527-8531. If you are connected to an answering machine, please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible. For email assistance, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
12. No. The purchase of a license entitles one person to access the CBA Learning Modules Series. If it becomes apparent that a license is being shared, that license will be disabled. You will be required to contact Behavior Development Solutions to re-instate your license. A fee may be charged at our discretion. The money-back guarantee and the free extension to the next exam period associated with this product will become invalid.