Guidance or Compliance: What Makes an Ethical Behavior Analyst? | Journal Club Series
Dr. Nicole Bank, BCBA, LBA-TX Earn 3 BACB Learning CEUs!
This installment of our Journal Club Series will cover the article,“Guidance or compliance: What makes an ethical behavior analyst?” authored by Rosenberg and Schwartz published in Behavior Analysis in Practice
. CEUs are provided for reading the article, participating in an online discussion, and completing an article content quiz.
Guidance or compliance: What makes an ethical behavior analyst? This article proposes the Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts set forth by the BACB is written in language that promotes rule following more than ethical guidance. The authors discuss the potential outcomes of this approach and propose an alternative ethical decision-making process to promote ethical behavior in the field.
Guidance or compliance: What makes an ethical behavior analyst? This is an interactive live online journal club. Participants will receive 3.0 Learning CEUs for completing all journal club activities. Participants are required to have read the entire article before attending the scheduled one-hour live online journal club discussion. Journal club discussions will include article details, article results, and implications for practice. Active participation is required. CEUs will be provided after completing an article content quiz on the BDS learning platform. Only those who read the article and actively participate in the live online discussion will be invited to take the content quiz. BDS is interested in increasing scholarly activities and discussion among BCBAs and BCaBAs. Stay tuned for future CE events in the BDS Journal Club Series!
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase the journal club meeting you would like to attend.
- Follow instructions for downloading a copy of the article.
- Add the following emails to your contacts in order to avoid important emails going to spam:
email@example.com AND PartnershipServices@gmail.com
- Receive an email for instructions on scheduling your online discussion. Once the online discussion is scheduled, you will receive a link for the online discussion.
- Read the article in it’s entirety.
- Join the journal club meeting at the scheduled time. Please mute your microphone upon entry.
- Stay online and involved for the 1-hour journal club meeting.
- Receive a link to the content quiz.
- Complete the content quiz to 80% accuracy.
- Receive 3 CEUs.
- Describe how the ethical code changed in 2016.
- Describe rule based ethics.
- Identify other approaches for ethical decision making.
- Identify the steps in the proposed ethical decision-making process.
- List the potential benefits of following an ethical decision-making process.
Mandatory Disclaimer: The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve or partner with the CE events, this organization, or instructors. (Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves these products. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved Learning CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CEUs will be accepted by the BACB.)