Sorry - this product is not available
Journal Club Series: Session 1 | Evaluating Three Methods of Stimulus Rotation when Teaching Receptive Labels - February 14, 2020 at 12pm - 1pm ET
by Nicole Bank, MS, BCBA Earn 3 BACB Type 2 CE credits!
This first installment in our Journal Club Series will cover the article, “Evaluating three methods of stimulus rotation when teaching receptive labels” authored by Leaf J., Cihon, Ferguson, McEachin, Leaf R. & Taubman published in Behavior Analysis in Practice
. CE credits are provided for reading the article, participating in a live online discussion, and completing an article content quiz. The live online discussion requires that you have a computer or device that is able to utilize Google Hangouts. This LIVE webinar will be held on February 14, 2020 at 12 PM to 1 PM ET.
Please read the product page carefully for details.
About this course: Receptive label programming is an essential part of verbal behavior development for children with ASD. It can also be one of the most challenging skills to teach. This contemporary article examines the efficacy of three different methods of stimulus rotation when teaching receptive labels. This journal club opportunity requires reading the article and then discussing the topic with colleagues giving practitioners a better understanding of the article and a chance to identify various implications for practice. Read this entire product page to learn how it all works. Make sure you will be available to join the live discussion on Friday, February 14 at 9am Pacific Time / 10am Mountain Time / 11am Central Time / 12pm Eastern Time.
About the BDS Journal Club Series: This is an interactive live online journal club. Participants will receive 3.0 Type II BACB® CEs for completing all journal club activities. Participants are required to have read the entire article before attending the scheduled one-hour live online journal club discussion. Journal club discussions will include article details, article results, and implications for practice. Active participation is required. CE credit will be provided after completing an article content quiz on the BDS learning platform. Only those who read the article and actively participate in the live online discussion will be invited to take the content quiz. BDS is interested in increasing scholarly activities and discussion among BCBAs and BCaBAs. Stay tuned for future CE events in the BDS Journal Club Series!
- Identify the benefits of teaching receptive labels to children with ASD
- Discriminate between three common methods of presenting receptive programming instructional materials
- Identify the purpose of the current study
- Describe the procedures of the current study
- Describe the results of the current study
- State the researchers’ suggestions related to the presentation of stimuli in receptive label programming
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase the journal club meeting you would like to attend.
- Add the following emails to your contacts in order to avoid important emails going to spam: firstname.lastname@example.org AND PartnershipServices@gmail.com
- Receive a link to the article.
- Read the article in its entirety.
- Receive a link to the scheduled journal club meeting (make sure you are available to attend on Friday, February 14 at 9am Pacific Time / 10am Mountain Time / 11am Central Time / 12pm Eastern Time.
- Join the journal club meeting at the scheduled time. Please mute your microphone upon entry.
- Stay online and involved for the 1-hour journal club meeting.
- Complete the content quiz to at least 80% accuracy.
- Receive 3 CEs.
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve or partner with the CE events, this organization, or instructors. (Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves these products. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CE credits will be accepted by the BACB.)
To manage your CE credits on the BACB web site, you will need our ACE Provider number: OP-02-0017.
BDS is an authorized Type II continuing education provider.