Sorry - this product is not available
Journal Club Series: Session 4 | Reflections on Verbal Behavior at 60 - May 8, 2020 at 12pm - 1pm ET
by Nicole Bank, BCBA Earn 3 BACB Type 2 CE credits!
This fourth installment in our Journal Club Series will cover the article, “Reflections on Verbal Behavior at 60” authored by Dr. Henry Schlinger published in The Analysis of Verbal Behavior
. CEU credits are provided for reading the article, participating in an online discussion, and completing an article content quiz. This LIVE webinar will be held on May 8, 2020 at 12pm - 1pm ET. Please read the product page carefully for details.
About the Course: B.F. Skinner published his book Verbal Behavior in 1957. Since then the field of behavior analysis has produced a wealth of information on verbal behavior, using Skinner’s analysis as a theoretical basis. Dr. Schlinger has published many articles on the topic and has taught Skinner’s analysis of verbal behavior for many years. In this article, he reflects on 60 years of analyzing speaker behavior and the contingencies of reinforcement maintained by the community.
About the BDS Journal Club Series: This is an interactive live online journal club. Participants will receive 3.0 Type II BACB® CEUs for completing all journal club activities. Participants are required to have read the entire article before attending the scheduled one-hour live online journal club discussion. Journal club discussions will include article details, article results, and implications for practice. Active participation is required. CE credit will be provided after completing an article content quiz on the BDS learning platform. Only those who read the article and actively participate in the live online discussion will be invited to take the content quiz. BDS is interested in increasing scholarly activities and discussion among BCBAs and BCaBAs. Stay tuned for future CE events in the BDS Journal Club Series!
- Identify two reasons to suggest the book, Verbal Behavior, is still relevant today.
- Identify what makes Verbal Behavior so comprehensive.
- Identify why the ideas published in Verbal Behavior are so revolutionary, both at the time of publication and now.
- Identify how Verbal Behavior has contributed to current practical uses.
- Identify two parts of Verbal Behavior that provide a deeper understanding of human language.
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase the journal club meeting you would like to attend.
- Add the following emails to your contacts in order to avoid important emails going to spam: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Review the article https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6381335/pdf/40616_2017_Article_87.pdf
- Read the article in its entirety.
- Receive a link to the scheduled journal club meeting (make sure you can attend May 8, 2020 at 12pm - 1pm ET (11:00 CST/10:00 MST/9:00 PST).
- Join the journal club meeting at the scheduled time. Please mute your microphone upon entry.
- Stay online and involved for the 1-hour journal club meeting.
- Receive a link to the content quiz.
- Complete the content quiz to 80% accuracy.
- Receive 3 CEUs.
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve or partner with the CE events, this organization, or instructors. (Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves these products. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CE credits will be accepted by the BACB.)
To manage your CE credits on the BACB web site, you will need our ACE Provider number: OP-02-0017.
BDS is an authorized Type II continuing education provider.