Written from the authors' decades of real-world experience, Live a Better Life: Using the Science of Behavior to Drive Personal and Social Change shows you how to improve individual performance through the application of the science of behavior. If you want to be a better parent, spouse, teacher, friend, coworker or global citizen, you will find actual solutions in this science-based book that introduces decision-making and learning tools to immediately help you put those solutions into practice. Inside this indispensable guide, you ll find:
- ideas for reducing the use of threat, fear, and punishment in managing others
- solutions for how to go beyond the limiting biases of our particular histories to make better decisions about our own and others behavior
- case studies that illustrate how science-based principles, used in positive ways, can accelerate learning
- a revolutionary explanation of how labels can limit human potential and what to do instead
- example-rich accounts across varied challenges at home, work and the larger society about how to shape a better world
After reading this book, you ll fully appreciate the fact that you are not captive to your past because you know how to shape a different and better future that, in fact, human potential in almost all ways, is unlimited.