Pivotal Response Treatments for Autism
Communication, Social, & Academic Development
By Robert L. Koegel & Lynn Kern Koegel
Brookes Publishing Company / 2006
Paperback / 312 pages
List Price $49.95
Our Price $35
Clearance books are sold in as is condition and are non-returnable.
Most titles are in excellent condition but some may have slight imperfections.
Recognized as one of the top state-of-the-art treatments for autism in the United States,* the innovative Pivotal Response Treatment uses natural learning opportunities to target and modify key behaviors in children with autism, leading to widespread positive effects on communication, behavior, and social skills. The product of 20 years of research from Robert and Lynn Koegel — co-founders of the renowned Autism Research Center at the University of California, Santa Barbara — this proven approach is now clearly presented in one accessible book. Keeping parents involved in every aspect of behavioral intervention, therapists and educators of children from preschool to elementary school will use the research-supported PRT strategies to
* advance children’s communication and language skills, even in extremely challenging cases
* foster social interactions and friendships with typically developing peers
* reduce disruptive behaviors by combining functional assessment with self-management strategies
* aid early identification and intervention
* reduce ritualistic behaviors and broaden children’s interests
* improve children’s performance in school activities and on homework assignments
Because PRT works with each child’s natural motivations and stresses functional communication over rote learning, this comprehensive model helps children develop skills they can really use. With this timely resource, educators and therapists will support children with autism as they enjoy more positive interactions, more effective communication, and higher academic achievement in natural, inclusive settings.