Revolutionizing Reading Instruction with Michael Maloney - July 17, 2020 1 pm - 2 pm ET
by Michael Maloney Earn 1 BACB Learning CE credit! Suited for BCBAs & BCaBAs. If you can read, listen, and press one of 2 buttons on a digital device, you can teach anyone to read fluently.
• 10 million children across North America are struggling to learn to read as you scan this.
• 25% of North Americans are illiterate.
• The illiteracy rate has not changed in decades.
• Effective methods exist but almost no-one is trained to use them.
• We intend to change that. This 1 hour LIVE WEBINAR will occur on July 17th from 1pm to 2pm, Eastern Time.
The battle over reading instruction has been waged for decades. Two major studies clearly designate the winners and losers. The winners are Direct Instruction and Behavior Analysis as seen in Project Follow Through and Precision Teaching as outlined in the Sacajewea Study. None of these is much used because teachers are not provided training and/or supervision to learn these systems despite their research and consistent success. To end run the training requirements we have arranged for the personal device to do the instruction and measurement. Now anyone who can read can teach someone else to read.
- The registrant will learn about blending phonetically regular words
- The registrant will learn about some design features of Direct Instruction reading programs.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REVIEW HOW IT WORKS BEFORE PURCHASING.
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve or partner with the CE events, this organization, or instructors.
(Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves these products. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CE credits will be accepted by the BACB.)
To manage your CE credits on the BACB web site, you will need our ACE Provider number: OP-02-0017.
BDS is an authorized Learning continuing education provider.
You must be available at the specific date and time in order to attend and to be able to meet our attendance requirements. This event will NOT be provided afterwards as a recording! Your CE certificate will be generated upon completion of the webinar, pending your attendance is verified, and you complete a brief survey module.