Sorry - this product is not available
Social Skills and Adaptive Behavior in Learners with Autism Spectrum Disorders
by Peter F. Gerhardt Ed.D & Daniel Crimmins Ph.D.
Brookes Publishing / 2013
Paperback / 328 pages
Clearance books are non-returnable.
Old price: $34.00
Promoting better social skills and behavior is a top priority for anyone who works with learners with autism—but which practices really improve outcomes? Find out in this cutting-edge volume, a reader-friendly synthesis of the latest findings from more than 20 of today's top researchers in the field.
Coordinated by the highly respected Organization for Autism Research, this accessible book is an ideal text for future professionals and essential reading for administrators and consultants in educational settings. Readers will explore current evidence, best-practice recommendations, and future research directions for
- assessing social skills with evidence-based methods and tools
- conducting interventions that really make a difference
- promoting friendships and peer acceptance
- increasing joint attention
- implementing schoolwide positive behavior support
- improving outcomes with Pivotal Response Treatment
- strengthening children's self-help skills
- providing effective support for families of children with autism
- using appropriate pharmacologic interventions to manage symptoms associated with ASD
Readers will also get first-hand insights from individuals on the autism spectrum and their family members and service providers, who provide balanced perspectives on today's research trends and practices. A cornerstone resource for current and future professionals working with learners of all ages, this book will help readers understand what really advances the social skills and behavior of students with autism—so they can use effective practices to improve the lives of children and families.
With contributions from
- Shahla Ala'i-Rosales
- Stephen R. Anderson
- Joanne Gerenser
- Connie Kasari
- Kathleen Koenig
- Suzanne Letso
- Erik Mayville
- Daniel Openden
- Roy Sanders
- Ilene Schwartz
- Mary Jane Weiss
- Thomas L. Zane
- and more