Successful participation in the webinar awards eligible attendees with 3 BACB Type 2 ETHICS CE credits. PLEASE READ THIS PRODUCT PAGE FOR MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Note: We can provide verification of attendance for any attendee who meets our attendance criterion, which you may be able to use to receive credit within your particular discipline(s); however, BDS makes no claims with respect to disciplines/credentials and CE credit beyond BCBA and BCaBA. See the "How It Works" section (below) for more details:
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PRODUCT PAGE CAREFULLY -- ESPECIALLY THE "HOW IT WORKS" SECTION.
THEN, PLEASE CAREFULLY SELECT THE APPROPRIATE PRODUCT VARIANT LOCATED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE BASED ON WHETHER YOU WANT CE CREDITS (OR NOT).
Understanding Ethics in Applied Behavior Analysis | Practical Applications
August 30th Webinar Description:
The field of behavior analysis continues to grow in response to the need for high-quality services, as does the need for training in responsible practice. In a world that grows increasingly morally complex, how can behavior analysts maintain a high standard of ethics and what does “ethical responsibility” mean? In this live, in person workshop, we describe the expectations of ethical practice in behavior analysis and address the challenges of maintaining high standards for ethical behavior in a world where the “right” answers to our ethical questions may be elusive.
Drawing upon over 20 years of clinical experience around the world, this workshop will encourage you to ask better questions rather than looking for simple answers. We’ll discuss: “Levels of goodness”: what does “goodness” really mean? Relative and absolute ethics, and when the use of each is appropriate Professionalism as an objectively defined response class: how to engage in it and how to recognize it in others How to engage in ethical practice with colleagues and families.
- Identify the purpose of the Professional and Ethical Compliance Code as well as the challenges in following it.
- Define absolute and relative ethics, and make a case for each.
- Identify the essential questions involved in making ethical decisions.
- Identify the challenges of working with families in accordance with the Code.
How it works:
- Purchase access via this product page. You can purchase the webinar-only or the webinar + CE credit option for either of the two webinars (BCBAs and BCaBAs are recommended to purchase the CE credit option).
- Shortly before the webinar, you will receive an email from BDS with a special link. You must use this link to pre-register for the webinar. IF YOU DO NOT PRE-REGISTER, YOUR SIGN-IN TO THE EVENT MAY BE DELAYED AND YOU MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR CE CREDIT! Purchasing a seat is only the first step -- you must subsequently register, so please check your email and read any messages from BDS.
- PLEASE CAREFULLY READ ANY EMAILS FROM BDS AFTER PURCHASE IN THE DAYS LEADING UP TO THE EVENT IN ORDER TO REGISTER IN TIME!
- After registering, approximately 1 to 3 weeks before the webinar, you will receive an email from Joel and/or GoToWebinar with the link you must use to actually attend the live webinar! NOTE: PURCHASING DOES NOT EQUAL REGISTERING. REGISTRATION WILL OCCUR AT SOME POINT AFTER PURCHASE.
- This is a LIVE Webinar! This means you must be able to attend during the exact day and time noted in this product description. PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THE TIMEZONE (EDT). (THESE WEBINARS WILL NOT BE MADE AVAILABLE AS RECORDINGS AFTERWARDS.)
- You will also need a reliable internet connection.
- To test your device for compatibilty prior to the day of the event, please use this GoToWebinar test link: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/system-check-attendee
- Note: BDS does not provide technical support for GoToWebinar, which is a 3rd party software. It is your responsibility to ensure your device and connection are sufficient. Please use the link above to test your device and internet speed before the day of the event.
- Your attendence will be verified during the webinar via "poll" questions that will be asked at random intervals. If you do not respond to a sufficient number of these questions, you will not earn CE credit for attending; therefore, it is critical that you sign in to the webinar on-time AND remain present at your device during the entire webinar. (The "poll" questions are not "test" questions and therefore are not designed to assess your knowledge; their purpose is to confirm that you are physically attending and actively attentive to the event.)
- Once the webinar has ended and after your attendance has been confirmed by BDS staff, if you purchased the CE credit option, then you will be given access to a survey module on our learning platform (you will receive an email with instructions on accessing the survey module). If you did not sign in on time, or if you logged off early, or if you did not respond to sufficient poll questions, you may not be invited to take the survey and earn CE credit due to failure to meet our attendence criterion.
- Once you complete the survey module, your CE certificate will automatically be generated by our online learning platform!
DISCOUNTED GROUP RATES ARE AVAILABLE:
Agencies or groups who purchase seats of 10 or more get 15% off per seat! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR TO PURCHASE for details!
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve or partner with the CE events, this organization, or instructors. (Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves these products. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CE credits will be accepted by the BACB.)
To manage your CE credits on the BACB web site, you will need our ACE Provider number: OP-02-0017.
BDS is an authorized Type II continuing education provider.
Notice for non BCBA/BCaBA attendees:
Although BDS can provide proof of attendance to those who meet our attendance criterion, BDS makes no claims and takes no position with regard to how said attendance verification is utilized, particularly with regard to other disciplines/certifications/licenses. If you use proof of attendance toward SLP CE credit (or any form of continuing education "credits," "hours," or similar), BDS will not be held responsible for any outcome you may encounter. It is your responsibility to ensure that webinars and workshops that you attend will be considered appropriate and qualifying for your respective disciplines unique continuing education (or analagous) standards.