Sorry - this product is not yet available
Live Webinar Oct. 20th, 12pm to 3pm EST: Supervising the Conduct & Writing of FBAs
by Dr. Ennio Cipani
Earn 3 Supervision CE credits!
Suited for BCBAs who have already completed an 8-hour supervisory training course, as well as BCBAs who supervise personnel who serve clients in schools and in-home programs, particularly BCaBA’s, RBTs, instructional aides, and those supervisees collecting the required clock hours of supervision to partially qualify for the BCBA written exam.
This 3 hour CE workshop will present a function-based operant behavior classification system as the means for training supervisees to conduct and write a FBA. The Cipani Behavioral Classification System will be delineated as a model for teaching trainees. This LIVE webinar will be held on October 20th from 12pm to 3pm Eastern Time.
This course awards 3 Supervision CE credits. This 3 hour CE workshop will present a function-based operant behavior classification system as the means for training supervisees to conduct and write a FBA. The Cipani Behavioral Classification System will be delineated as a model for teaching trainees. This LIVE webinar will be held on October 20th from 12pm to 3pm Eastern Time. Your CE certificate will be generated upon comletion of the webinar, pending your attendance is verified and you complete a brief survey module.
REGISTRATION CLOSES SATURDAY MORNING, 10/20/2018 AT 10am EASTERN TIME. IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING YOU MUST MAKE A PURCHASE BEFORE REGISTRATION CLOSES.
How it works:
- Purchase access via this product page.
- You will receive an email from BDS with a special link. You will use this link to pre-register for the webinar. After registering, you will receive an email from GoToWebinar with the link you must use to actually attend the live webinar!
- This is a LIVE Webinar! This means you must be able to attend during the day and time noted in this product description. You will also need a reliable internet connection.
- To test your device for compatibilty, please use this GoToWebinar test link: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/system-check-attendee
- Your attendence will be verified during the webinar via questions that will be asked at random intervals. If you do not respond to a sufficient number of questions, you will not earn CE credit for attending. (These are not "test" questions and are not designed to assess your knowledge; their purpose is to confirm that you are physically attending the event.)
- Once the webinar has ended and after your attendance has been confirmed you will be given access to a survey module on our learning platform (you will receive an email with instructions on accessing the survey module). Once you complete the survey module, then your CE certificate will automatically be generated!
The major behavioral functions are: (a) direct access; DA 1.0, (b) direct escape; DE 3.0, (c) socially mediated access; SMA 2.0, and (d) socially mediated escape; SME 4.0). The 13 sub-categories delineating specific reinforcers under each category (e.g., SMA 2.2, peer attention) will then be presented. Methods to determine supervisee competence with presenting potential putative functions via this system will be presented.
The remainder of the workshop will cover how to measure supervisee competence with functional behavioral assessment methods: both descriptive and experimental. Using the following instrument, Performance Competencies for an FBA, the participant will acquire the skills of measuring supervisee performance via a review of actual client data, as well as simulation measures.In particular, presentation of the trigger analysis with behavioral description as an alternative to the A-B-C charting method will be provided with some simulation exercises for CEU participants to get practice and this teach supervisees.
The training will also cover the use of the Cipani EO School Behavioral Interview Form, with a free copy available to all CEU participants for lifetime individual licensed use.
Materials for Attendees (electronic version)
- Slide presentation
- Performance Competencies for an FBA
- FBA report format
- Cipani EO School Behavioral Interview Form
- Two free downloadable books by author – go to www.freepsychotherapybooks.com website (behavior therapy link)
Objectives (self-evaluation via probe items)
1) CEU participants will be able to identify the relevant characteristics of 13 function-based categories (Cipani, 2017) of operant problem behavior.
2) CEU participants will be able to evaluate a supervisee’s hypothesis about function by addressing the following areas with him/her (i.e., Supervisee provides a verbal description that):
- Identifies the relevant Establishing Operation (EO) given a particular function and its bearing on a given behavioral function
- Addresses the evaluation of the effectiveness/efficiency of a given problem behavior (i.e., response class) to produce a function (relative to other behaviors relationship to abolishing operation)
- Delineates a process of how functions could be ruled out (or ruled in)
3) Using Performance Competencies for an FBA instrument, the participant will be able to discern if a supervisee can conduct the following experimental functional analyses, by reviewing either data from an actual client or through a simulation exercise:
- Traditional (Iwata) four, five condition functional analysis of behavior
- Single test hypotheses (EO presence vs absence)
- Trigger analysis with behavioral description
- In-situ hypothesis tests
4) Participant will be able to teach supervisees an FBA report writing format using a provided “boilerplate” format that addresses the target function first (hence if two functions exists- two separate analyses).
5) CEU participants will be able to teach supervisees how to collect data using a trigger analysis with behavioral description method and also interpret results obtained from several trials
To manage your CE credits on the BACB web site, you will need our ACE Provider number: OP-02-0017. BDS is an authorized Type II continuing education provider.
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® does not warrant, endorse, sponsor, approve or partner with the CE events, this organization, or instructors. (Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves these products. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CE credits will be accepted by the BACB.)